Lee, Tsai & Partners Attorneys-at-Law is a full service law firm with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, media and entertainment, infrastructure projects, employment law, capital markets, general corporate affairs, environmental protection law, international trade laws, tobacco industry related legal issues, and taxation. We also have substantial experience in representing companies and state entities in disputes before the International Chamber of Commerce, the International Centre for Dispute Resolution, China Maritime Arbitration Commission, CIETAC, and other institutions.
We have positioned and equipped ourselves with the ability to adapt to the rapid changes in the Greater China area that have resulted from China’s economic liberalization by engaging the top local experts and professionals within the area and leveraging our alliances and networks in Shanghai, Beijing and Taipei. As a Greater China local law firm, we are intimately familiar with the language, culture and laws of the Greater China area. We leverage our local expertise and network to provide the most efficient services to our clients, while providing an international standard of legal service.
The Lee Tsai Group started in Taipei with the founding of our Taipei office in 1998. We provide a total solution for companies investing in the Greater China region in terms of full legal services ranging from merger & acquisition, capital market and business consulting to infrastructure prosects, green energy, intellectual property, culture and entertainment law, employment, competition and environmental protection law.
Lee, Tsai & Partners Attorneys-at-Law
Tel: (886 2) 2378 5780
Fax: (886 2) 2378 5781
Shanghai Lee, Tsai & Partners Attorneys-at-Law
Lee, Tsai & Partners Intellectual Property Consulting Inc., Shanghai
Lee, Tsai & Partners Intellectual Property Agency Ltd., Shanghai
Tel: (86 21) 6288 2988
Fax: (86 21) 6288 2989
We opened our Beijing office in 2010, which is dedicated to assisting multinational companies in developing their business in the more integrated economy of the Greater China region and assisting local PRC companies in their outbound investments with a specific focus on investments into Taiwan.
Lee, Tsai & Partners Intellectual Property Consulting Inc.(Beijing Branch)
Tel: (86 10) 8306 5860
Fax: (86 10) 8306 5861
Dr. Chung-Teh Lee has served as counsel to a wide range of companies and industries, both domestic and foreign, providing them with legal advice on their Taiwan related legal matters. Dr. Chung-Teh Lee is also recognized as one of the foremost lawyers in construction law. Under his leadership, our firm has a developed an established construction law practice with a client portfolio of industry leaders. Further, he’s authored several works regarding the structure and legal issues of BOT projects under Taiwan law.
1. Lee, Tsai & Partners advised Interserv International Inc. in a private placement worth NT$212,842,500, which resulted in a change of control in the company. Our services included the drafting and negotiation of a share subscription agreement and the agreements between major shareholders.
2. Lee, Tsai & Partners represented Hsin Tao Power Corporation (i) in setting aside a Taiwan Fair Trade Commission (“TFTC”) decision on a concerted action regarding a joint refusal to reduce the tariffs for power supply involving our client and 8 other independent power producers in Taipei High Administrative Court, and (ii) in defending against damage claims initiated by Taiwan Power Company, aggregating to NT$7 billion, arising from the TFTC decision.
3. Lee, Tsai & Partners wins First Instance in IP Court for Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank Co., Ltd. against Bank of Taipei. The firm, on behalf of Taipei Fubon Commercial Bank Co., Ltd. (“Taipei Fubon Bank”), filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against “Bank of Taipei” to stop it from using “Bank of Taipei” as its trademark, corporate name, and domain name. On January 30, 2015, the first instance of the IP Court announced that Bank of Taipei should cease using “Bank of Taipei” as its trademark, corporate name, and domain name.
4. Represented Macquarie Capital Group Limited in connection with the offering and listing of all of the units of a business trust, Asian Pay Television Trust, on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited.
5. Acted for Samsung Electronic Corporation in its unfair competition case in Taiwan.
6. Represented Test Rite International Co. in the sale of its majority interest in Tong Lung Metal Industry Co (TLM), a leading door lockset maker, to Stanley Black & Decker Inc. (SBD).
7. Acted as Taiwan counsel in connection with Diebold Inc’s US$1.8 billion acquisition of Wincor Nixdorf on the legal integration of the Taiwan entities of Diebold Inc. and Wincor Nixdorf.
8. Represented Department of Sports in a contractual dispute against Eastern Dome Management Co., Ltd. in a claim for payment of NT$355,357,472.